Information

The information described on this page is general for all of our rental boats and must be read carefully before requesting a booking. It is the responsibility of the borrower to comply with the current rules for renting a boat at Kalhøj Boatcharter.

 

1. Experience

There must be at least one sailing expert on board, with knowledge of navigation and maritime law. The hirer must show certificate of competence or similar sailing qualification upon the request of Kalhøj Boatcharter.

2. Booking

After having received booking confirmation, a written agreement will be sent to you. The agreement must be returned to Kalhøj Boatcharter duly signed with the prepayment of 25% of the rentalfee no later than 8 days after reservation is made. The remaining rentalfee of 75% must be paid to Kalhøj Boatcharter no later than 4 weeks before commencement of the agreed period of hire. If booking is made later than 4 weeks before commencement of the period of hire, the total rentalfee must be paid when signing the agreement.

3. Cancellation

If you wish to cancel your booking you must immediately notify Kalhøj Boatcharter in writing. In cases of cancellation more than 90 days before the hire starting data, Kalhøj Boatcharter will refund your initial payment, less 15% of the charterprice. In cases of cancellation less than 90 days, but more than 30 days before the hire starting date your initial payment will be forfeited. In cases of cancellation less than 30 days before the hire starting date the total hire will be forfeited.

4. Service

We expect, that your holiday will be completed without mishaps in our well maintained vessel. However, in case of accident or other problems you are free to contact our service phone: +45 27141689. Should it prove impossible to carry out the repair or sove your problem without the need for spareparts, we ask for your understanding.

5. Safety

In Denmark boats to be hired – out are subject to very stringent safety regulations laid down by Danish Maritime Authorities. Therefore, to meet these regulations the yacht is equipped with approved lifejackets, liferafts, lifelines, distress rockets etc. The yacht is covered by All-Risk and Public Liability insurance.

6. Handing-over

The period of hire starts on the first day of the agreed at 3 pm, with the handing-over followed by an introduction to the boat by Kalhøj Boatcharter. On the last day of the period of hire the boat is to be returned to Kalhøj Boatcharter no later than 10 am. The boat is delivered to hirer in a clean condition with filled water/diesel tanks and gas cylinders. At the end of the period of hiring, the vessel is to be returned to Kalhøj Boatcharter in the same condition.